In order to enroll in this course, the student must have completed a 4-day Interior Redesign & Basic Staging Certification Course or have been working as a stager in the industry for a minimum of 3 years.
This one day course is for the home stager who wants to become more knowledgeable in vacant staging and model home merchandising. The student will learn about warehousing and how to build an inventory. They will also become knowledgeable in working with furniture rental companies, identifying and attracting specific target markets, writing contracts and proposals proficiently, and much more!
9:00 – 11:45
- Chapter A – Business Development for Stagers: Business Basics
- Chapter B – Positioning and Packaging: Staging Decorating Fundamentals; Picking Paint Color; Essential Staging Points; Steps to Prepare
- Chapter C – Psychology of Home Staging: Understanding the Buyer, Seller, and Realtor; Working with subcontractors
- Class Field Trip – Home Goods Retail Store: Interactive Group Exercise on Building Inventory
12:00 – 1:00 – LUNCH
- Chapter D – Services and Pricing: Service Levels and Pricing Structures; Writing Proposals and Contracts
- Chapter E – Vacant Staging: Creating Vignettes; Warehousing and Inventory; Renting Furniture; Target Markets
- Interactive Group Exercise: Working with Paint and Fabric
- Chapter F – Marketing and Advertising: Mini Overview; Q&A
End of Day 1