Home Staging Certification – Interior Decorating Certification – Color Consultation Certification Courses
Decorative Art Study and Career Building for the Creatively Inspired
The Staging and Decorating Guild (formerly The Home Stagers Guild) is a comprehensive training school located in Atlanta, GA, which offers Home Staging Certification, Interior Decorating Certification, EXPRESS Decorating™ (Interior Redesign), and Color Consultant Certification courses. Founder and Instructor Melanie Serra and business partner Karla Urbizo, mentor and train the creative and the passionate in launching and establishing a successful career in home staging and interior decorating. (EXPRESS Decorating™)
This Home Staging Certification and Interior Decorating (EXPRESS Decorating™) Certification curriculum provides each student with the knowledge and training to learn how to become a home stager and an interior decorator. You will walk away with all the tools needed to own and operate a successful home staging and interior decorating business.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Design 101
- Placement Guidelines
- EXPRESS Decorating™
- Art of Accessorizing
- Power of Staging
- 8 Step SDG Staging Method
- Pre-Staging Process
- The Consultation
- Decorating to Sell
- Business of Staging
- Marketing Your Business
- Social Media and Your Business
The tools in this Color Consultant Certification Course will refresh basic color knowledge, with emphasis on color schemes, identifying undertones and selecting a paint color for unusual architectural or structural features. Join the many certified interior designers who now have color skills that add an edge to their decorating business.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Psychology of Color
- Color Theory
- Paint 101
- Working with Color
- Color Harmony
- Picking Paint Color
- Creating Mood with Color
- Developing a Color Scheme
- Developing a Color Palette
- Color for Staging
- The Color Consultation
- Working with Clients
The goal of the SDG™ training program is to provide a fun, and comfortable classroom setting in which students learn the basic fundamentals of home staging, interior decorating and color, tap into their creativity and feel empowered to own and operate a successful home staging and decorating business. Upon graduation, each student will receive a certificate of completion and will become a member of The Staging and Decorating Guild™. They will also be eligible to receive one year of free advertising on our website directory.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sets The Staging & Decorating Guild™ training program apart from other training programs?
What is the course fee?
Do I need to have a degree in interior design?
Will I receive a certificate of training?
Do I need to have previous marketing or business experience?
How can adding home staging/express decorating services benefit my existing decorating business?
The SDG training provides students with the knowledge and training to become more confident and successful. Clients love the process of EXPRESS Decorating™ (Interior Redesign) and Home Staging, because they see instant results in one day or less. Express decorating also validates their personal taste and style without breaking the bank! By learning how to “use what the homeowner already has,” both you and your client will experience a quicker turnaround time from conception to completion on each project. The benefits are instant gratification along with instant income! No more waiting for weeks or months to receive payment and commissions on lengthy projects.
Is this a lucrative career?
Can I work at this part-time and still make money?
What is the dress code during the training?
What do I need to bring to class?
Where are the courses held?
ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT LAUNCHING A NEW HOME STAGING AND INTERIOR DECORATING CAREER?
Upon completion, you will have learned…
- How to tap into your creativity to make money doing what you love.
- Everything you need to start up your staging and decorating business. We provide you with sample tools and templates.
- How to market, promote and grow your business.
- Fundamentals of Interior Decorating, as it pertains to Home Staging and EXPRESS Decorating™ (Interior Redesign).
- Essential business fundamentals to keep you going.
- How we work with interactive classroom studies along with field projects in which we work and train in real homes with real clients.
- Systems you can incorporate to handle growth and keep you at the top of your game.
Students receive both classroom and hands-on-training.
- Principles of interior decorating
- Elements of redesign – EXPRESS Decorating™
- How to select color
- How to read a room and create themes
- Accessory and art placement
- Merchandising and much more!
Business Fundamentals Including
- Marketing strategies
- Social media
- Public relations
- Public speaking and other marketing tips to operate a successful home staging and interior decorating business.