In today’s world, many clients are willing to take on more of the ‘DIY’ role in the home design and decorating. However, these customers usually lack the confidence to select the color for their rooms or have an unusual architectural or design feature making a color choice more challenging. As a Staging and Decorating Guild Accredited Color Consultant you will be able to put your clients at ease by confidently selecting the proper paint palette. You’ll learn ‘The Goldilocks Method’, our patented paint selection formula that makes paint selection for both interior and exterior applications seamless. As an Accredited Color Consultant, you’ll have the tools at your fingertips to conduct congruent color consults with confidence and leave with payment in hand!
Do you want to:
- Know what influences made that swatch looked so right in the store and so wrong in the room?
- Know what colors to always avoid in kitchens?
- Know the fail-safe Goldilocks Method for selecting color?
- Know how to communicate effectively with a client about why her favorite color just won’t work in her room?
Are you ready to set yourself apart from other interior design professionals?
As a Certified Color professional you will not only know how to use color but also understand all of the reasons why the colors you choose work together.
Please click on the links below for a daily itinerary of what we’ll cover.
8:00 – 8:15 Welcome Introductions
8:15 – 9:00 Overview of:
- Chapters 1 Anatomy of Color
- Chapter 2 Light and Color
(Assigned reading for homework)
9:00 – 9:30 Chapters 3 Psychology of Color
9:45 – 10:00 Break
10:00 – 12:00 Chapter 4 Color Theory
- Creating a Color Wheel
- Mixing Primary and Secondary Color
- Comparing Color Values and Hues
- Creating Muted Color
- Creating Tertiary Colors
Lunch N Learn Chapter 7 Paint 101
12:00 – 1:00 Guest Speaker
1:15 – 1:30 – Break
1:30 – 3:30 – Chapter 5 Working with Color
Chapter 6 Color Harmony
Breakout Exercise: Identifying Undertones
3:30 – 3:15 Break
3:15 – 5:00 Begin Chapter 8 Picking Paint Color
Breakout Exercise: Anatomy of a Tray Ceiling
Homework: Read Chapters 1, 2, 7
Complete Ceiling Tray Exercise
8:00 – 8:30 Review Homework
8:30 – 9:15 Chapters 8 Picking the Perfect Paint Color
Breakout Exercises: CCG Goldilocks Method
9:15 – 9:45 Chapter 9 Creating Mood with Color
9:45 – 10:00 Break
10:00 – 12:00 Chapter 10 Developing a Color Scheme
Breakout Exercises: Creating a Color Scheme using Fabric
Breakout Exercises: Learning the CCG Color Scheme Method
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 2:00 Chapter 11 Developing a Color Palette from Scratch
2:00 – 3:00 Chapter 12
Breakout Exercise-Identifying Undertones in Exteriors
3:00 – 3:15 Break
3:15 – 3:30 Chapter 13 Color for Staging
3:30 – 5:30 Chapter 14 Understanding the Color Consultation
Chapter 15 Working with the Client
Conclusion: Students Receive Certificates
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Payment is due in full at time of registration.
- Refund 14 days before the scheduled class date is subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
- Class fee is non-refundable within 14 days of class but can be applied to another available scheduled class.
The Home Staging, Interior Decorating, and Color Consultation Classes are held in the Atlanta, GA area.